The FIRS had several meetings with the International Olympic Committee in a view of a possible inclusion in the Olympic Programme. The IOC invited the FIRS to modernize its speed races to be more attractive.
So the FIRS had decided to change two World Championship competitions on Road during the next 2015 World Championships to be held in Kaohsiung.
- The 100m Sprint race will be held with demarcated lanes and batteries playoffs
- The race One lap Circuit will be held as the 500 meters sprint race, but limiting it to just one lap of the circuit.
These changes will be introduced in the 2015 CIC Rules soon...
The race program will be the same for men and women, Youth and Senior categories
- 300m time-trial race
- 500m sprint tournament
- 1.000m sprint tournament
- 10.000m points + elimination race
- 15.000m elimination race
- 3.000m relays (3 skaters only)
- 100m sprint tournament
- 1 lap circuit
- 10.000m points race
- 20.000m elimination race
- 5.000m relays (3 skaters only)
Read our page of the 2015 World Roller Speed Skating championships in Kaohsiung (Taïwan)